You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My High Class Amenities

Three years in Paraguay has changed my expectations a bit when it comes to comfort. I used to live in a nice apartment with central air and cable tv. Now I live in a two room apartment behind the house of a Paraguayan family, below two loud 19 year old med students and next to a public washing station. There are more cows and bugs in my life than I would ever have imagined. I would like to share some of what now comforts me here in Paraguay and some other stuff that just helps me get by. Even though I look forward to some of the comforts of home, I will miss this stuff!


The entrance to my home


Public Washing Station, it doesn't have running water so those who wash here pull it from the well.


The Refrigerator, it doesn't close properly so I secure it with a bungee cord.


Cooking and Storage Area


My Bed/Couch/Living Space, best purchase in Paraguay


My Sink/Washing Machine/Dishwasher


Transportation


Entertainment, although its typically drowned out my neighbor's bigger speakers.


Heating


Cooling


Homemade Shelf


Closet


Hot Water


Don't forget the pool!

No comments: