You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Coffee without a Coffee Pot

Pretty much everyday for the past 10 years has started with a cup of coffee. When I came to Paraguay I knew that I could not give up the habit. Unfortunately here in Paraguay coffee is consumed in the instant variety. Since I only resort to consuming Nescafe in emergency situations, as in no other coffee available, I have some delicious ground coffee sent from my mother's coffee business, Java Express, regularly. Although there are coffee makers available for purchase, they don't fit into my $300 monthly budget, so this is how I prepare it. Its not quite the same as a coffee pot but the result is still a yummy cup of caffeine infused deliousness and I get to drink it out of that awesome cup.


Also I finally ordered a thermos so that I can bring my terere habit back to the states. Initially I ordered one from a woman who sells thermos in a plaza in Asuncion. She told me it would be ready within a week. I went back a week and a half later and she said it'd be done the following day, I, being pretty trusting, believed her. I went back the following week and she finally told me she never sent to have it made. So, I decided to get it done elsewhere. I placed my order at a tourist shop for leather products and was notified within three days that it was ready. The result is my beautiful new equipo below.

No comments: