You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, October 31, 2008

Please Vote

As I sit here in Paraguay thousands of miles away from home I feel like a passive participant in this year´s election. I wish there were something more I could do as a US citizen to help with the election. But I have done my part. As an American living overseas I sent in my request for an absentee ballot way back in August and just last week I filled out and sent in my vote. I hope that Americans living at home make the effort to go to the polls and elect our next President. I hope that rather than being lazy or failing to register that everyone who is able to vote does so... and if you don´t then there you can say nothing when the inevitable comes, a change made by whichever candidate won that you don´t like. The decisions will be made and the complaints will be heard, but only those who made the effort to vote should be able to complain with validity. Here in Paraguay they ask me about the election with regularity. They all know that Barack Obama is the black candidate and if elected will be the first black president, but most of them don´t even know McCain´s name. They know about Bush and the mistakes he has made and they don´t want that again. They know that whichever candidate is elected President will effect not only Americans but people all around the world. Please make the effort to vote, its our country, its our decision!

No comments: