You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, April 14, 2008

Future Site Visit

So I have now met my contact and spent six days in my site! It was one of the most awkward times in my life. But I am starting to get used to awkwardness. The city is pretty big with plenty of shops, a big market and several ice cream shops, yum! Unfortunatley, the barrio I will be living in is about a 20 minute walk from all of that. I guess I get to work off the calories after I eat them! The barrio is also extremely poor and I give major props to the kids I will be working with just for putting in the effort. I only hope that I can do something to make a difference in their lives because I know they will surely make a difference in mine!

1 comment:

none said...

Is your address going to change?? I sent you another package, let me know if you get it! Miss you!