You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fun in Asuncion and Out to Site

On Friday afternoon I took the oath to protect the constitution, so help me God, and with that officially became a Peace Corps Volunteer. OK so there was a lot more to it than that, but I am officially a PCV now, so those of you who send mail can change my title from PCT to PCV! Thanks again to those who do send mail. It is always really exciting when I go to my mail box and there is actually something in it other than the PC papers! I love it! So our swearing in ceremony took place at the American Embassy, which happens to be the largest American Embassy in the World right now. Apparently Iraq will have a bigger American embassy one day... we´ll see how that goes. After the ceremony we had the best chocolate cake I have ever had in my life from a place in Asuncion. It was amazing! I then spent the weekend in Asuncion ¨relaxing¨and travelled to site on Monday afternoon. So far so good here. I am working on getting some furniture for my room, right now all that's in there is a bed and my huge bags. I was worried about being completely bored in the beginning, but so far I haven´t had that problem. I am sure that it will come along shortly though! Although the town is pretty big and there is plenty for me to get to know around the area. I am still focusing on not getting lost going between my community center and my house. I´ll get there soon enough.

No comments: