You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Address in Paraguay

Well I am down to about 5 weeks to departure and I just want to let everyone know what my address will be in Paraguay, so here it is:

PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
162 Chaco Boreal c/Mcal. Lopez
Asuncion 1580, Paraguay
South America

The PCT will become PCV when training is over... if I make it. If you send letters be sure to number them. Only about 80% of the mail actually arrives at it's destination. If you send packages be sure to brand them with crosses and other Catholic icons so that they are more likely to make it through Customs.

5 comments:

Connika said...

HEY LADY BUG, JUST WANTED TO DROP A LINE OR TWO. IM SORRY I MISSED YOU BEFORE YOU LEFT. I DONT THINK I COULD HAVE FACED YOU. I JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE TAKE CARE. I HOPE YOUR EXPERIENCE IS A GREAT ONE.

LOVE YA LIKE A LITTLE SISTER.
CONNIE

Audra said...

Celebrate your success and stand strong when adversity hits, for when the storm clouds come in, the eagles soar while the small birds take cover-

You are my best friend and have been for 12 years now- and will be 2 years from now- we'll be 26! Can you believe it?? Over half a century old!!! I love you Melissa, be safe... and smart... as I've never known you to be any different.

Happy Travels to the sassiest little eagle I know! MUAH!

Audra

Unknown said...

Melissa - I know that you have wanted to do this for a long time...you are such an inspiration to all of us! Please keep in touch, and we wish you the best. Be safe as you travel to another part of the world. We are thrilled that you will be part of a learning expierence for so many 6th grade students, like at Sam's school!
We will miss you like crazy...We love you!
Cori, Tom, Sammie and Tommy

MLS said...

Hola Melissa,
Como estas? Hope you are doing well. I can't believe you are gone! Wow...time went fast. Girl, I know you were looking forward to this date and I also know that you will also are going to make a difference in their lives. Please take care and keep in touch,
Tu amiga,
Maria

Holley said...

Hello Melissa,

I was just "googling" my old PC address in Paraguay, as I had forgotten the last four digits, and happened upon your blog. I was in Paraguay as a beekeeping volunteer from 2004-2006. It definitely changed my life in amazing ways. I couldn't help but leave a little note for you to wish you the best. It's a wild ride - enjoy these brief two years.