You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, April 4, 2011

Birthday #4 Paraguaype

This past Saturday I had my fourth, yes fourth, birthday in Paraguay. Because my birthday fell during training I was one of the few to celebrate an extra birthday here. The first one, my 24th birthday, I spent at my host family from training's house. I invited all the other trainees to hang out on the front patio area. We drank lots of beer, wine and coke, and cana and ate mac and cheese that my friend Heather helped me cook up. Then for my 25th I invited a few Paraguayan friend, my PC buddy Erin and a visitor she had to my house for tacos. Birthday number 26 was pretty depressing. It was Good Friday, which means most places are closed all day. I ate lunch with the novio's family, which was nice and then made homemade pizza for dinner. Victor and Angelic came over for dinner and cards, although it was a good time and we enjoyed ourselves, this year I wanted to do something more. So Victor and I went to Asuncion for a date night. We went to dinner at Las Palomas, a mexican restaurant near the hotel where we stayed and enjoyed a yummy spicy dish served in a molcajete and I had a refreshing margarita. It was wonderful and relaxing. Victor's family also prepared an asado for lunch and even got me a cake. I can definitely say I had a great birthday this year.

Our food looked something like this, with tortillas:


And the margarita:

No comments: